GRATIOT TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A 9-year-old boy died in a utility terrain vehicle crash on private property Saturday afternoon, according to a release.
The Lafayette County Sheriff's Office was dispatched to a UTV accident with injuries at a farm on South Prairie Road in Gratiot Township, according to the release.
The call was received Saturday afternoon around 4:44, according to the release.
The investigation showed that four people were riding a UTV on private property when they struck a pile of hay in a field, causing the UTV to overturn, according to the release.
Drew Holland, 9, of Gratiot, was transported to Monroe Clinic and E.R. where he was pronounced dead from his injuries, according to the release.
The accident is still under investigation.
- Dane County plans to buy land to make Capital City State Trail safer
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Hilldale Mall launches redevelopment of south side
- State unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Expect traffic delays in downtown Madison for Women's March Saturday
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash