GRATIOT TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A 9-year-old boy died in a utility terrain vehicle crash on private property Saturday afternoon, according to a release.
The Lafayette County Sheriff's Office was dispatched to a UTV accident with injuries at a farm on South Prairie Road in Gratiot Township, according to the release.
The call was received Saturday afternoon around 4:44, according to the release.
The investigation showed that four people were riding a UTV on private property when they struck a pile of hay in a field, causing the UTV to overturn, according to the release.
Drew Holland, 9, of Gratiot, was transported to Monroe Clinic and E.R. where he was pronounced dead from his injuries, according to the release.
The accident is still under investigation.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say