GRATIOT TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A 9-year-old boy died in a utility terrain vehicle crash on private property Saturday afternoon, according to a release.
The Lafayette County Sheriff's Office was dispatched to a UTV accident with injuries at a farm on South Prairie Road in Gratiot Township, according to the release.
The call was received Saturday afternoon around 4:44, according to the release.
The investigation showed that four people were riding a UTV on private property when they struck a pile of hay in a field, causing the UTV to overturn, according to the release.
Drew Holland, 9, of Gratiot, was transported to Monroe Clinic and E.R. where he was pronounced dead from his injuries, according to the release.
The accident is still under investigation.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend