GREEN BAY, Wis. - Nine tall ships will be making their way to Green Bay this summer.
Green Bay is the only Wisconsin port at which the ships are stopping on their Great Lakes tour.
The ships include the S/V Denis Sullivan, a 137-foot three-masted schooner based in Milwaukee, and the STV Unicorn, which is the only all-female crewed tall ship in the world. The largest ship at the festival is the 210-foot Sorlandet, which is a square-rigged ship built in Norway in 1927.
The Baylake Bank Tall Ship Festival will be August 16-18 at Leicht Memorial Park in downtown Green Bay.
Organizers expect the festival to draw an estimated 60,000 people.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land