GREENDALE, Wis. - Police in the Milwaukee suburb of Greendale are investigating the pedestrian death of an elderly woman.
Authorities say the 82-year-old woman was crossing the street at an intersection near Southridge mall Monday night when she was struck and killed by a Jimmy John's delivery driver.
The Milwaukee County medical examiner's office identified the victim as Beatrice Salo of Greendale.
WTMJ-TV said the driver is cooperating with the investigation.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls