GREENDALE, Wis. - Police in the Milwaukee suburb of Greendale are investigating the pedestrian death of an elderly woman.
Authorities say the 82-year-old woman was crossing the street at an intersection near Southridge mall Monday night when she was struck and killed by a Jimmy John's delivery driver.
The Milwaukee County medical examiner's office identified the victim as Beatrice Salo of Greendale.
WTMJ-TV said the driver is cooperating with the investigation.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes