TOWN OF WESTFIELD, Wis. - A Grand Marsh man is dead after a single-vehicle rollover crash on County Road E Sunday morning, according to a release.
Marquette County sheriff's deputies responded to a report of a single-vehicle rollover crash on County Road E in the town of Westfield around 7:10 a.m. Sunday, officials said.
Robert A. Smith, 82, of Grand Marsh, was traveling eastbound on County Road E when he lost control and rolled his vehicle, according to the release. Smith was transported to Divine Savior Hospital and then to UW Hospital where he later died.
Smith was wearing his seat belt at the time of crash, and alcohol and speed aren't believed to be factors in the crash, investigators said.
This is Marquette County's first fatal crash of the year.26661240
- Prisons chief tells lawmaker youth facility is safe
- Man with facial injuries claims he was attacked by 3 men
- 3 new retailers coming to West Towne
- 3 children, semi driver injured in crash involving school bus
- Clyde Stubblefield to get posthumous UW honorary degree
- Snow could return after record high temps