TOWN OF WESTFIELD, Wis. - A Grand Marsh man is dead after a single-vehicle rollover crash on County Road E Sunday morning, according to a release.
Marquette County sheriff's deputies responded to a report of a single-vehicle rollover crash on County Road E in the town of Westfield around 7:10 a.m. Sunday, officials said.
Robert A. Smith, 82, of Grand Marsh, was traveling eastbound on County Road E when he lost control and rolled his vehicle, according to the release. Smith was transported to Divine Savior Hospital and then to UW Hospital where he later died.
Smith was wearing his seat belt at the time of crash, and alcohol and speed aren't believed to be factors in the crash, investigators said.
This is Marquette County's first fatal crash of the year.26661240
- Hundreds sign student-led petition to change Madison high school name
- High river level delays Rock Aqua Jays' opening performance
- Med Flight responds to one-vehicle crash in Fitchburg
- Custodian at Madison school resigns after allegedly punching parent
- Fish kill hits Traxler Park Lagoon in Janesville
- German delegation studies Madison College cyber security program