TOWN OF WESTFIELD, Wis. - A Grand Marsh man is dead after a single-vehicle rollover crash on County Road E Sunday morning, according to a release.
Marquette County sheriff's deputies responded to a report of a single-vehicle rollover crash on County Road E in the town of Westfield around 7:10 a.m. Sunday, officials said.
Robert A. Smith, 82, of Grand Marsh, was traveling eastbound on County Road E when he lost control and rolled his vehicle, according to the release. Smith was transported to Divine Savior Hospital and then to UW Hospital where he later died.
Smith was wearing his seat belt at the time of crash, and alcohol and speed aren't believed to be factors in the crash, investigators said.
This is Marquette County's first fatal crash of the year.26661240
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial