MADISON, Wis. - An 81-year-old Madison woman was injured and purse was stolen during a strong-arm robbery, according to Madison police.
The victim told police she was walking on Pawling Street on her way to a grocery store when she was pushed down by a young mugger who took her purse and got into a white vehicle.
The robber is described as in his teens and wearing jeans and a white T-shirt. The woman's purse is wallet-sized with a long strap.
The woman suffered scraped and swollen hands.
The mugging occurred on July 28. Police contacted the woman's family after the attack was reported to the department's self-report unit.
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two