FOND DU LAC, Wis. - Fond du Lac police say animal cruelty charges are possible against an 8-year-old boy who used bleach to injure two puppies.
Assistant Police Chief Steve Klein said a neighbor found one of the 6-week-old puppies doused in bleach in a garbage bag that had been thrown in trash container at Maplewood Commons apartments Feb. 22. Klein said the boy apparently got angry with the puppy for nipping at some of the children inside the apartment. Klein said he also splashed bleach in the face of a second puppy.
Action Reporter Media reported the boy's mother could also face charges for failing to intervene. Fond du Lac Humane Society Shelter manager Renee Webb said the puppies suffered chemical burns to their eyes and noses and respiratory injuries caused by inhaling the bleach.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire