FOND DU LAC, Wis. - Fond du Lac police say animal cruelty charges are possible against an 8-year-old boy who used bleach to injure two puppies.
Assistant Police Chief Steve Klein said a neighbor found one of the 6-week-old puppies doused in bleach in a garbage bag that had been thrown in trash container at Maplewood Commons apartments Feb. 22. Klein said the boy apparently got angry with the puppy for nipping at some of the children inside the apartment. Klein said he also splashed bleach in the face of a second puppy.
Action Reporter Media reported the boy's mother could also face charges for failing to intervene. Fond du Lac Humane Society Shelter manager Renee Webb said the puppies suffered chemical burns to their eyes and noses and respiratory injuries caused by inhaling the bleach.
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 closed near Blue Mounds due to semi vs. car crash
- Police, medical examiner respond to suspicious death
- Construction continues on Capitol Square; new traffic pattern starts May 1