All but one of the nine people injured when their buggy was struck by a vehicle in western Wisconsin have been released from the hospital.
David and Lydia Wengerd, of Osseo, and seven children were hurt when a vehicle hit the back of the buggy on Highway 53 east of Whitehall Friday.
Trempealeau County sheriff's officials said a 19-year-old Strum man failed to yield to the slow-moving buggy.
The La Crosse Tribune said the injured were taken to Tri-County Memorial Hospital in Whitehall and to the Mayo Clinic branch in Osseo. David Wengerd remains in the hospital with leg injuries that require additional surgery.
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say
- Car reported missing discovered crashed into condo, police say
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says