NEW FRANKEN, Wis. - Crews have rescued eight fishermen from the ice of Green Bay.
The New Franken Fire Department was called to Bay Shore Park around 9:40 a.m. Monday for a report of an ice floe that had broken away, stranding the people in two groups.
Two more fishermen had jumped the crack and were able to get off the ice by themselves. The rest of the fishermen were brought to shore around 11 a.m.
Rescuers said one chunk of ice was about the size of a football field. The other was larger.
No one was hurt.
WLUK-TV reported the U.S. Coast Guard and the Brown County sheriff's office helped in the rescue.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say