NEW FRANKEN, Wis. - Crews have rescued eight fishermen from the ice of Green Bay.
The New Franken Fire Department was called to Bay Shore Park around 9:40 a.m. Monday for a report of an ice floe that had broken away, stranding the people in two groups.
Two more fishermen had jumped the crack and were able to get off the ice by themselves. The rest of the fishermen were brought to shore around 11 a.m.
Rescuers said one chunk of ice was about the size of a football field. The other was larger.
No one was hurt.
WLUK-TV reported the U.S. Coast Guard and the Brown County sheriff's office helped in the rescue.
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely understood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam