ARGYLE, Wis. - This weekend's cold weather is believed to be a factor in the death of a 77-year-old Illinois woman.
Authorities in Lafayette County said Mary Scudder of Freeport, Ill., was found dead in Wisconsin's Argyle Township on Saturday evening.
She was found about 30 feet from her car. An autopsy is being planned, and the cause of her death is being investigated, but the initial investigation shows exposure to the elements was a factor.
Temperatures in the area were in the 20s and 30s, with lows dipping into the teens.
Officials said Scudder's family said she had been missing since Friday. She was believed to be headed to Superior.
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 closed near Blue Mounds due to semi vs. car crash
- Police, medical examiner respond to suspicious death
- Construction continues on Capitol Square; new traffic pattern starts May 1