ARGYLE, Wis. - This weekend's cold weather is believed to be a factor in the death of a 77-year-old Illinois woman.
Authorities in Lafayette County said Mary Scudder of Freeport, Ill., was found dead in Wisconsin's Argyle Township on Saturday evening.
She was found about 30 feet from her car. An autopsy is being planned, and the cause of her death is being investigated, but the initial investigation shows exposure to the elements was a factor.
Temperatures in the area were in the 20s and 30s, with lows dipping into the teens.
Officials said Scudder's family said she had been missing since Friday. She was believed to be headed to Superior.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire