MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was found with 75 chopsticks in his pants as an officer questioned him about trespassing in a nearby restaurant, according to police.
The 60-year-old man was inside a fast food restaurant on Park Street on Feb. 5 when police asked him about a visit to a nearby Chinese restaurant on Mills Street.
The owner of the Hong Kong Café told police wanted the man arrested for trespassing after the man spent time in the restaurant without eating. The restaurant owner told police he asked the man to leave several times, and the man responded by sitting on the dining room floor and asking the owner "Why are you hating on me?" The owner said the man walked across the street after he called police.
An officer asked the man if he had any weapons, and the man consented to a search which is when police said about 75 chopsticks were found in the man's right pant leg.
The man was arrested on suspicion of trespassing.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say