MILWAUKEE - A 7-year-old boy is seriously injured after a house fire in Milwaukee.
Deputy Chief Jack Christianson of the Milwaukee Fire Department, said the boy suffered smoke inhalation and was revived twice before being transported to a local hospital.
Fire officials said there were no smoke detectors in the house when the blaze broke out around 7:45 a.m. Saturday.
Police Capt. Eric Moore said a motorist alerted rescuers after seeing smoke coming from the home.
He said the boy's grandfather who lives in the lower part of the house escaped, but moments later realized the 7-year-old was still upstairs. Firefighters then rescued the boy.
Moore said he was in critical condition Saturday night.
He said the fire may be the result of an electrical failure but authorities are still investigating.
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK