NEW LISBON, Wis. - Numerous students were injured in a bus crash Wednesday morning near New Lisbon, according to Juneau County dispatch.
The School District of New Lisbon said a school bus slid off Welch Prairie Road and turned over on its side at 7:35 a.m. Wednesday.
Thirty students were on the bus at the time of the crash, according to a news release.
Superintendent Dennis Birr said most of the injuries were bumps and bruises, although seven students were taken by ambulance to Hess Memorial Hospital in Mauston for further evaluation.
Parents were notified and students who didn't require immediate medical attention were taken to the school and evaluated by the school nurse and EMTs, the news release said. The students were then released to their parents.
The school district thanked the New Lisbon police and fire departments, the Juneau County Sheriff's Office, Wisconsin State Patrol and area EMTs for their "quick response in our time of need and for their assistance and care of our students."
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks