MILWAUKEE - A 6-year-old boy is dead after a fire in Milwaukee.
Milwaukee Fire Battalion Chief Sean Slowey said the fire started in one house and moved the next. He says both buildings were ablaze when firefighters arrived shortly after 3:15 a.m. Saturday.
The boy was found on a second floor.
Milwaukee police told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that a babysitter may have left food on the stove unattended.
Three other children and the baby sitter escaped unharmed.
Officials are still investigating the exact cause.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land