MILWAUKEE - A 6-year-old boy is dead after a fire in Milwaukee.
Milwaukee Fire Battalion Chief Sean Slowey said the fire started in one house and moved the next. He says both buildings were ablaze when firefighters arrived shortly after 3:15 a.m. Saturday.
The boy was found on a second floor.
Milwaukee police told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that a babysitter may have left food on the stove unattended.
Three other children and the baby sitter escaped unharmed.
Officials are still investigating the exact cause.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK