MADISON, Wis. - Six local youth organizations have been awarded grants from the Madison Area Sports Commission, according to a release.
The biannual disbursement of youth grants go to established organizations that introduce kids to the lifelong enjoyment and health benefits of sports, officials said.
MASC awarded nearly $15,000 to six organizations, according to the release. Capital Off Road Pathfinders received $500. Central Cross Country Ski Association received $2,800. Goodman Community Center received $6,000. Madison Ice received $2,000. The Salvation Army of Dane County received $1,500. Tri4Schools received $2,175.
According to the release, the mission of the grant program is to provide opportunities for area youths who may have financial limitations to experience the benefits of sports.
The program is funded by contributions from the Ironman Community Foundation, private donors and corporations, according to the release.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land