MADISON, Wis. - A Sun Prairie man was arrested on suspicion of fifth offense operating while intoxicated near the University of Wisconsin campus Friday morning, according to UW police.
An officer saw a vehicle at Langdon Street without headlights and decided to stop the vehicle at 1:28 a.m.
The driver, Karl Moreth, 26, of Sun Prairie, told the officer he didn't realize his lights weren't on. The officer said Moreth failed field sobriety tests.
Police said three passengers in the vehicle were intoxicated and had previous OWI convictions.
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say