MADISON, Wis. - A Sun Prairie man was arrested on suspicion of fifth offense operating while intoxicated near the University of Wisconsin campus Friday morning, according to UW police.
An officer saw a vehicle at Langdon Street without headlights and decided to stop the vehicle at 1:28 a.m.
The driver, Karl Moreth, 26, of Sun Prairie, told the officer he didn't realize his lights weren't on. The officer said Moreth failed field sobriety tests.
Police said three passengers in the vehicle were intoxicated and had previous OWI convictions.
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 reopens near Blue Mounds after semi vs. car crash
- Police: Family member found elderly woman dead in garage with head wound