MADISON, Wis. - A Sun Prairie man was arrested on suspicion of fifth offense operating while intoxicated near the University of Wisconsin campus Friday morning, according to UW police.
An officer saw a vehicle at Langdon Street without headlights and decided to stop the vehicle at 1:28 a.m.
The driver, Karl Moreth, 26, of Sun Prairie, told the officer he didn't realize his lights weren't on. The officer said Moreth failed field sobriety tests.
Police said three passengers in the vehicle were intoxicated and had previous OWI convictions.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says