MADISON, Wis. - A Sun Prairie man was arrested on suspicion of fifth offense operating while intoxicated near the University of Wisconsin campus Friday morning, according to UW police.
An officer saw a vehicle at Langdon Street without headlights and decided to stop the vehicle at 1:28 a.m.
The driver, Karl Moreth, 26, of Sun Prairie, told the officer he didn't realize his lights weren't on. The officer said Moreth failed field sobriety tests.
Police said three passengers in the vehicle were intoxicated and had previous OWI convictions.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs