WESTPORT, Wis. - Authorities said a motorcycle driver was seriously injured when he hit the side of a car that turned in front of him.
At approximately 8:25 a.m., Dane County Sheriff's Department said deputies responded to a report of a car vs. motorcycle crash on Highway 113 near River Road in the town of Westport.
Samantha E. Reilly, 20, of Waunakee, was traveling south on Highway 113 in a Ford Fusion and attempted to turn left onto River Road, the sheriff said. The report said Reilly failed to yield to a Harley-Davidson motorcycle traveling north on 113, and the motorcycle struck the rear passenger side of the car.
The motorcycle was driven by Thomas T. Taylor, 58, of Madison. Taylor suffered serious, but non-life-threatening injuries and was taken by Waunakee EMS to UW Hospital.
The sheriff's department said Reilly was cited for failure to yield. She was not injured in the crash, the report said.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK