WESTPORT, Wis. - Authorities said a motorcycle driver was seriously injured when he hit the side of a car that turned in front of him.
At approximately 8:25 a.m., Dane County Sheriff's Department said deputies responded to a report of a car vs. motorcycle crash on Highway 113 near River Road in the town of Westport.
Samantha E. Reilly, 20, of Waunakee, was traveling south on Highway 113 in a Ford Fusion and attempted to turn left onto River Road, the sheriff said. The report said Reilly failed to yield to a Harley-Davidson motorcycle traveling north on 113, and the motorcycle struck the rear passenger side of the car.
The motorcycle was driven by Thomas T. Taylor, 58, of Madison. Taylor suffered serious, but non-life-threatening injuries and was taken by Waunakee EMS to UW Hospital.
The sheriff's department said Reilly was cited for failure to yield. She was not injured in the crash, the report said.
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injuries 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap