WESTPORT, Wis. - Authorities said a motorcycle driver was seriously injured when he hit the side of a car that turned in front of him.
At approximately 8:25 a.m., Dane County Sheriff's Department said deputies responded to a report of a car vs. motorcycle crash on Highway 113 near River Road in the town of Westport.
Samantha E. Reilly, 20, of Waunakee, was traveling south on Highway 113 in a Ford Fusion and attempted to turn left onto River Road, the sheriff said. The report said Reilly failed to yield to a Harley-Davidson motorcycle traveling north on 113, and the motorcycle struck the rear passenger side of the car.
The motorcycle was driven by Thomas T. Taylor, 58, of Madison. Taylor suffered serious, but non-life-threatening injuries and was taken by Waunakee EMS to UW Hospital.
The sheriff's department said Reilly was cited for failure to yield. She was not injured in the crash, the report said.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart