TAYLOR FALLS, Minn. - A 52-year-old man drowned while attempting to remove a dock from the St. Croix River near Taylor Falls.
According to the Chisago County Sheriff's Office, Steven Richard Labarron was pulling a dock out of the river near a steep bank at about 11:40 a.m. Sunday when it disconnected from the rope and struck his head. Labarron fell into the water.
Rescue workers performed CPR and transported Labarron to St. Croix Regional Medical Center in St. Croix, Wis.
Labarron, of Edina, was pronounced dead in the emergency room about 1:50 p.m.
- State DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Sun Prairie looks to revamp main corridor
- Zoo euthanizes polar bear that used to be in Madison
- Driver involved in crash suspected of heroin use
- Two people shot at while in car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested