TOWN OF CHRISTIANA, Wis. - A shed fire in the town of Christiana early Sunday morning killed 52 chickens and caused about $25,000 in damage, according to a release from the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Dane County sheriff's deputies and the Cambridge and Deerfield fire departments responded to reports of a pole shed fire at 2160 State Highway 73 around 4:30 a.m., deputies said.
Crews responding said the 20 foot by 30 foot pole shed was fully engulfed when they arrived.
The fire does not appear suspicious, investigators said. A preliminary investigation indicates an electrical issue as a possible cause.
The shed is a total loss, officials said.2160 State Highway 73, town of Christiana
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online