MAUSTON, Wis. - A 51-year-old was arrested Sunday morning for his ninth drunken-driving offense, according to a release.
Wisconsin State Patrol troopers stopped three vehicles traveling 85 miles per hour eastbound on Interstate 90 around 9:15 a.m., officials said.
One trooper stopped the two lead vehicles while another one stopped the last vehicle, according to the release.
The trooper with the last vehicle noticed the driver was upset and nervous, officials said. He also detected the odor of intoxicants in the vehicle.
The driver, Gary T. Sueppel, 51, of Elmwood, was arrested without incident on charges of operating a motor vehicle under the influence, according to the release. He was taken to a hospital in Mauston for a blood draw and then booked into Juneau County Jail.
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn