MAUSTON, Wis. - A 51-year-old was arrested Sunday morning for his ninth drunken-driving offense, according to a release.
Wisconsin State Patrol troopers stopped three vehicles traveling 85 miles per hour eastbound on Interstate 90 around 9:15 a.m., officials said.
One trooper stopped the two lead vehicles while another one stopped the last vehicle, according to the release.
The trooper with the last vehicle noticed the driver was upset and nervous, officials said. He also detected the odor of intoxicants in the vehicle.
The driver, Gary T. Sueppel, 51, of Elmwood, was arrested without incident on charges of operating a motor vehicle under the influence, according to the release. He was taken to a hospital in Mauston for a blood draw and then booked into Juneau County Jail.
- Dane County plans to buy land to make Capital City State Trail safer
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Hilldale Mall launches redevelopment of south side
- State unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Expect traffic delays in downtown Madison for Women's March Saturday
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash