TOWN OF BEAR CREEK, Wis. - A Plain man was ejected and a 5-year-old was flown to UW Hospital after a drunken driving crash in the town of Bear Creek Wednesday night, according to the Sauk County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said Jeffrey D. Shelton, 30, lost control of his truck while negotiating a curve in the southbound lane of County Road N near Dietl Road. Shelton was not wearing a seat belt, and was ejected when the truck rolled over into a field, according to a report.
Shelton was taken to UW Hospital by ambulance. Landon D, Shelton, 5, of Plain, was taken to UW Hospital by Med Flight.
Deputies said alcohol and speed are factors in the crash. Shelton was arrested on suspicion of causing injury by the intoxicated use of a vehicle.26877404
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls