TOWN OF BEAR CREEK, Wis. - A Plain man was ejected and a 5-year-old was flown to UW Hospital after a drunken driving crash in the town of Bear Creek Wednesday night, according to the Sauk County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said Jeffrey D. Shelton, 30, lost control of his truck while negotiating a curve in the southbound lane of County Road N near Dietl Road. Shelton was not wearing a seat belt, and was ejected when the truck rolled over into a field, according to a report.
Shelton was taken to UW Hospital by ambulance. Landon D, Shelton, 5, of Plain, was taken to UW Hospital by Med Flight.
Deputies said alcohol and speed are factors in the crash. Shelton was arrested on suspicion of causing injury by the intoxicated use of a vehicle.26877404
- Funding is available to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River
- 4 juveniles suspected of damaging maliboxes in rural Portage, Pardeeville areas