TOWN OF SPRINGDALE, Wis. - Five people were injured in what Dane County deputies are calling a drunken driving crash on Christmas Day.
Deputies were called to County Road D at Spring Rose Road, in the town of Springdale, at 2:10 p.m. for a report of a two-vehicle crash.
Investigators said Michelle K. Eichelkraut, 46, of Belleville, was traveling west on County Road G when she lost control of her vehicle and crossed the center line, striking an oncoming vehicle.
Eichelkraut's passenger, Brent Eichelkraut, 42, of Belleville, was taken to University of Wisconsin Hospital with significant injuries.
The oncoming vehicle was driven by Lynn M. Leazer, 57, of Verona, and had three passengers. The three passengers, William Pench, 80, of White Lake; Jennifer Goodwin, 54, of Katy, Texas; and Mary Pench, 55, of Hood River, Ore.; were taken UW Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Deputies said Michelle Eichelkraut was admitted to UW Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries and has been arrested on suspicion of operating while intoxicated causing injury.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says