TOWN OF SPRINGDALE, Wis. - Five people were injured in what Dane County deputies are calling a drunken driving crash on Christmas Day.
Deputies were called to County Road D at Spring Rose Road, in the town of Springdale, at 2:10 p.m. for a report of a two-vehicle crash.
Investigators said Michelle K. Eichelkraut, 46, of Belleville, was traveling west on County Road G when she lost control of her vehicle and crossed the center line, striking an oncoming vehicle.
Eichelkraut's passenger, Brent Eichelkraut, 42, of Belleville, was taken to University of Wisconsin Hospital with significant injuries.
The oncoming vehicle was driven by Lynn M. Leazer, 57, of Verona, and had three passengers. The three passengers, William Pench, 80, of White Lake; Jennifer Goodwin, 54, of Katy, Texas; and Mary Pench, 55, of Hood River, Ore.; were taken UW Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Deputies said Michelle Eichelkraut was admitted to UW Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries and has been arrested on suspicion of operating while intoxicated causing injury.
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms