TOWN OF SPRINGDALE, Wis. - Five people were injured in what Dane County deputies are calling a drunken driving crash on Christmas Day.
Deputies were called to County Road D at Spring Rose Road, in the town of Springdale, at 2:10 p.m. for a report of a two-vehicle crash.
Investigators said Michelle K. Eichelkraut, 46, of Belleville, was traveling west on County Road G when she lost control of her vehicle and crossed the center line, striking an oncoming vehicle.
Eichelkraut's passenger, Brent Eichelkraut, 42, of Belleville, was taken to University of Wisconsin Hospital with significant injuries.
The oncoming vehicle was driven by Lynn M. Leazer, 57, of Verona, and had three passengers. The three passengers, William Pench, 80, of White Lake; Jennifer Goodwin, 54, of Katy, Texas; and Mary Pench, 55, of Hood River, Ore.; were taken UW Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Deputies said Michelle Eichelkraut was admitted to UW Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries and has been arrested on suspicion of operating while intoxicated causing injury.
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police
- Victim tells police man who stabbed him frequently ‘mooches' from him
- Remains of 3 Ohio plane crash victims identified
- 29-year-old man dies from injuries suffered in Beloit fire
- Suspended UW-Madison student wants sex charges dismissed
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates