TOWN OF PRAIRIE DU SAC, Wis. - Five people were injured in a crash where the driver was under the influence, according to the Sauk County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to Highway 12 just south of Sauk Prairie Road in the town of Prairie Du Sac at 7:18 p.m. on Saturday for a report of a single-vehicle rollover crash.
Investigators said the driver, Terrance D. Finnie, 40, of Madison, was traveling south on Highway 12 when he lost control of the SUV causing it to overturn in the west ditch.
Some passengers were taken to a local hospital and some were flown by Med-Flight to a hospital in Madison. The passengers were Bellinda A. Vales, 44, of Madison, Heaven A. Barlow, 8, of Madison, Danaijah M. Barlow, 4, of Madison, and Denise L. Armour, 17, Madison.
Deputies said Danaijah and Heaven Barlow were not wearing seat belts. All others in the SUV were.
Finnie was arrested on suspicion of abuse of a hazardous substance, operating a vehicle while intoxicated causing injury and operating after revocation.
Traffic on Highway 12 was detoured for several hours during the investigation
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Suspect in custody in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two
- Two seriously injured in pickup vs. semi crash