MADISON, Wis. - Nearly a year after the attack of former Badger running back Montee Ball, the fourth suspect, Karlis Griffin, was charged in Dane County Court.
A judge set bond for the 28-year-old at $5,000 after Chicago police arrested Griffin July 2 in connection with the attack.
A criminal complaint alleges Griffin's involvement in the attack, which the suspects said stemmed from a fight with several football players the week before.
One of the three other suspects, Robert Wilks, told detectives they saw Ball out in downtown Madison and that another man punched Ball in the face.
The complaint alleges Wilks then kicked Ball two or three times in the torso while Griffin stomped on the player's head and shoulders.
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike