MADISON, Wis. - Nearly a year after the attack of former Badger running back Montee Ball, the fourth suspect, Karlis Griffin, was charged in Dane County Court.
A judge set bond for the 28-year-old at $5,000 after Chicago police arrested Griffin July 2 in connection with the attack.
A criminal complaint alleges Griffin's involvement in the attack, which the suspects said stemmed from a fight with several football players the week before.
One of the three other suspects, Robert Wilks, told detectives they saw Ball out in downtown Madison and that another man punched Ball in the face.
The complaint alleges Wilks then kicked Ball two or three times in the torso while Griffin stomped on the player's head and shoulders.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs