MADISON, Wis. - A former Madison man pleaded guilty Tuesday to failing to file income tax returns for 2006, 2007 and 2008, according to a state Department of Justice release.
Eric T. Plantenberg, 42, of Bend, Ore., faces a maximum of one year in federal prison and a $100,000 fine, officials said. He is scheduled for sentencing on July 8.
In his plea agreement, Plantenberg said he made $1,300,792 in unreported income between 2005 and 2008, according to the release. During those years he was an owner of, and made income from, three Madison-based companies -- Freedom Personal Development, Freedom Professional Services and I-Kinetic.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says