MADISON, Wis. - A former Madison man pleaded guilty Tuesday to failing to file income tax returns for 2006, 2007 and 2008, according to a state Department of Justice release.
Eric T. Plantenberg, 42, of Bend, Ore., faces a maximum of one year in federal prison and a $100,000 fine, officials said. He is scheduled for sentencing on July 8.
In his plea agreement, Plantenberg said he made $1,300,792 in unreported income between 2005 and 2008, according to the release. During those years he was an owner of, and made income from, three Madison-based companies -- Freedom Personal Development, Freedom Professional Services and I-Kinetic.
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head