MADISON, Wis. - The Goodman Community Center is hoping to provide Thanksgiving meals for 3,500 families in the Madison area, but so far they are short on supplies.
The center's website shows that as of 2:40 p.m. Saturday, they still need:
- 457 frozen turkeys
- 1,116 cans of fruit
- 1,114 boxes of stuffing
- 1,963 aluminum roaster pans
- 1,005 jars of gravy
- 679 cans of cranberry sauce
- 1,055 cans of broth
Donations can be dropped off at the community center's gym between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Saturday through Monday.
Volunteers spent three days earlier this month baking 3,000 pumpkin pies to put in the baskets.
More information about volunteering and donating to the drive can be found on the Goodman Community Center's website. WISC-TV is a proud sponsor of the drive.
- Prisons chief tells lawmaker youth facility is safe
- Man with facial injuries claims he was attacked by 3 men
- 3 new retailers coming to West Towne
- 3 children, semi driver injured in crash involving school bus
- Clyde Stubblefield to get posthumous UW honorary degree
- Snow could return after record high temps