MADISON, Wis. - At least four Wisconsin residents were involved in an avalanche Saturday in Colorado.
Two of the victims, Justin Lentz, of Sun Prairie, and Jarrard Law, of Portage, died. Two other Wisconsin men, Ben Hartt, 38, and Seth Neilsen, 30, survived.
Three Colorado natives also had to be rescued on Star Mountain, near Leadville.
Officials in Colorado said it was the third deadly avalanche in less than a week.
- Bullets hit 2 apartment buildings, police say
- Wisconsin faces construction worker shortage as home building projects increase
- Prosecutor says no water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Extra patrols added for spring party
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom