MADISON, Wis. - At least four Wisconsin residents were involved in an avalanche Saturday in Colorado.
Two of the victims, Justin Lentz, of Sun Prairie, and Jarrard Law, of Portage, died. Two other Wisconsin men, Ben Hartt, 38, and Seth Neilsen, 30, survived.
Three Colorado natives also had to be rescued on Star Mountain, near Leadville.
Officials in Colorado said it was the third deadly avalanche in less than a week.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend