MILWAUKEE, Wis. - Four ships from the U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard and Canadian Navy are set to visit Milwaukee next week.
It's part of the Navy's commemoration of the bicentennial of the War of 1812.
The ships are the frigate USS DeWert, the coastal patrol ship Hurricane, the U.S.
Coast Guard cutter Neah Bay and the Canadian frigate HMCS Ville de Qu?bec.
DeWert and the Canadian ship will be at the Port of Milwaukee Liquid Pier 5 and Neah Bay and Hurricane will be at the Discovery World Pier.
They will be in Milwaukee from Aug. 8 through Aug. 14.
The event is also part of Navy Week, a U.S. Navy event that takes place annually in selected cities across America.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land