MADISON, Wis. - The Legislature's budget writing committee plans four public hearings on Gov. Scott Walker's two-year state budget next month.
The first hearing is April 4 in the Milwaukee suburb of Greendale, April 8 at Lambeau Field in Green Bay, April 10 in Lake Delton and April 18 in Baldwin, west of Eau Claire near the Minnesota border.
The hearings offer members of the public a chance to comment before members of the Joint Finance Committee about the governor's plan. After the hearings, the Republican-controlled committee will meet over a period of weeks to vote on making changes, without further public comment.
The committee's version of the budget will go to the Assembly and Senate to vote on sometime in June.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls