TOWN OF DELLONA, Wis. - Four people were injured in a two-vehicle crash that caused a semitrailer to overturn and block both lanes of a highway west of Wisconsin Dells Tuesday afternoon, according to a release.
Sauk County sheriff's deputies responded to a report of a two-vehicle crash involving an overturned semitrailer on County Road H at Coon Bluff Road in the town of Dellona Tuesday afternoon, officials said.
The driver of the semitrailer, Albert I. Ellis, 58, of Plover, was driving west on County Road H when a vehicle being driven by Han Xiao, 57, of Chicago, Illinois, did not yield at a stop sign and pulled in front of Ellis, investigators said.
Ellis was unable to avoid a crash with Xiao's vehicle, according to the release. Upon impact, Ellis' semitrailer overturned on the road and blocked east and westbound traffic on County Road H.
Xiao and his four passengers received non-life-threatening injuries, deputies said. Ellis also received non-life-threatening injuries. Ellis and three of Xiao's passengers were transported by ambulance to a local hospital.
Xiao was cited for failure to yield the right of way from a stop sign, according to the release.
All occupants involved in the crash were wearing seat belts, and alcohol was not a factor in the crash, officials said.27459290
- Fundraising effort aimed at helping summer reading programs
- Man hit by plow, deputies say
- Officials use movie previews to help save lives
- Madison group helps Chicago develop violence reduction plan
- Group suing DNR over plan for high-impact activities at Sauk Prairie Recreation Area
- Sauk County crash sends one to hospital with life-threatening injuries