MADISON, Wis. - The upcoming Friends of Madison Public Library book sale will offer an affordable way to stock up on new reading material, according to a release.
The sale is being held at the new Central Library at 201 W. Mifflin St. on the first-floor, according to the release. There will be a selection of fiction and nonfiction for adults and children. There will also be a selection of history and art books.
Organizers said most items will be priced at $2 or less, but there will be some uniquely priced items.
"This is an excellent opportunity to find some great deals on books you'll love to read, while at the same time helping support the Friends of the Madison Public Library," book sale coordinator Kathi Kemp said in the release.
The sale starts Thursday with a member-only sale from noon until 5 p.m., but memberships can be bought at the door for $5. The sale continues for the general public from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and from 1-5 p.m. Sunday. Books will be $5 a bag from 3-5 p.m. Sunday.
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles
- Woman pinned in van after crash with ambulance on Hwy. 12
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter