MADISON, Wis. - Janesville police said four people were arrested, and two people were sent to the hospital early Friday morning following a large disturbance outside an east side sports bar.
The incident happened just after midnight at the East Point Sportz Pub in the 3500 block of East Milwaukee Street in Janesville.
According to police, witnesses reported seeing six to eight patrons fighting, and that the brawl had moved out into the parking lot.
One of the men involved ran off after he was in a car pulled over by Janesville police. That man fell off an embankment after being chased by officers down Milwaukee Street. He was taken to Mercy Hospital in Janesville with head injuries.
James Tracy, 30 and Jeffery Tuescher, 28, both of Janesville, face numerous charges, including disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. Jessy Bennett, 28, of Beloit faces charges of possession of drug paraphernalia. Christopher Winchester, 25, of Beloit, was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct.
Police said Tuescher initially gave medical personnel and signed paperwork at the Rock County Jail falsely using the name Timothy Wilson. The department said Friday afternoon that Timothy Wilson was not involved in the incident and is noted as a victim of identity theft in the case.
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors
- Papermaker agrees to complete Fox River cleanup
- Wine-and-tapas bar, gastropub open in Dane County airport
- Search of lake for human remains from plane crash ends
- Teenager 'going crazy with a knife' arrested
- PD: Drunk Mt. Horeb man jumps from moving car, runs into side of SUV