MADISON, Wis. - A Poynette man was injured in a fight outside a State Street bar early Sunday morning, Madison police said.
A bouncer went outside the bar in the 100 block of State Street around 12:50 a.m. because two men were about to fight, according to a release.
The two men were pushing and one ended up on the ground, police said. The bouncer tried to hold the man down while trying to deescalate the situation, but the second man started kicking the 38-year-old Poynette man on the ground.
The 38-year-old was knocked unconscious and the other man fled, according to the release. The Poynette man regained consciousness after several minutes and was taken to a hospital as a precaution.
Staff at the hospital told police they did not believe he suffered serious injuries, according to the release.
Madison police are still looking for the other man involved. He is described as a black man in his early 30s, 6 feet 2 inches to 6 feet 3 inches tall, weighing 275-280 pounds with short hair and a goatee. He was wearing a knee-length leather jacket over a red plaid or checkered shirt and blue jeans.Madison crime map
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two