MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are looking for information on a stolen piece of equipment worth $35,000, according to a release.
The piece of surveying equipment was stolen from a construction company office in the 400 block of West Johnson Street during a downtown robbery that took place sometime over the weekend, police said.
The device belongs to North American Mechanical, Inc., which is one of the contractors working on an apartment project at the corner of Broom and Johnson streets, according to the release. The device was reported stolen Monday morning.
The stolen piece of equipment is used to digitally map buildings under construction so workers know where to install heating ducts and other infrastructure, officials said.
Police ask anyone with information on the robbery to call Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.Madison crime map
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two