MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are looking for information on a stolen piece of equipment worth $35,000, according to a release.
The piece of surveying equipment was stolen from a construction company office in the 400 block of West Johnson Street during a downtown robbery that took place sometime over the weekend, police said.
The device belongs to North American Mechanical, Inc., which is one of the contractors working on an apartment project at the corner of Broom and Johnson streets, according to the release. The device was reported stolen Monday morning.
The stolen piece of equipment is used to digitally map buildings under construction so workers know where to install heating ducts and other infrastructure, officials said.
Police ask anyone with information on the robbery to call Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.Madison crime map
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land