MADISON, Wis. - The 300 block of North Bassett Street will be closed from University Avenue to Conklin Place Friday and Saturday, according to a release.
The street will be closed for Kraemer Brothers to set up equipment to remove a tower crane, according to the release.
Traffic from Conklin Place to Bassett Street will be maintained, according to the release.
Officials said bike traffic from University Avenue southbound will be directed to the sidewalk and pedestrian traffic will be maintained during the closure.
Officials urge motorists and bicyclists to use different routes to avoid delays during the project.
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Phone scammer claims to be MPD Chief Mike Koval, officials say
- Icy Dane County road causes nearly 40-car pileup, officials say
- Man, woman caught selling stolen bike on Craigslist, police say
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her