LOMIRA, Wis. - A 3-year-old boy suffered severe injuries after being run over by a lawn mower Tuesday afternoon, according to a release from the Dodge County Sheriff's Department.
Dodge County sheriff's deputies responded to reports of a lawn mower accident involving a 3-year-old around 2 p.m. in the town of Lomira, officials said.
An initial investigation indicated the child ran toward the riding lawn mower, the operator didn't notice the child, and as the operator started backing up the child was hit, according to the release.
The 3-year-old was transported to the hospital via Flight for Life, deputies said. His condition is unknown.
"The accident is not suspicious in nature, and our heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with the young child and family," Dodge County Sheriff Patricia Ninmann said in the release.
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Agriculture secretary to Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in state
- Food delivery drivers targeted in Madison robberies, police say
- Fire marshal called to 2 fires in Jefferson County
- Witness: Man points gun at kids playing basketball
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say