LOMIRA, Wis. - A 3-year-old boy suffered severe injuries after being run over by a lawn mower Tuesday afternoon, according to a release from the Dodge County Sheriff's Department.
Dodge County sheriff's deputies responded to reports of a lawn mower accident involving a 3-year-old around 2 p.m. in the town of Lomira, officials said.
An initial investigation indicated the child ran toward the riding lawn mower, the operator didn't notice the child, and as the operator started backing up the child was hit, according to the release.
The 3-year-old was transported to the hospital via Flight for Life, deputies said. His condition is unknown.
"The accident is not suspicious in nature, and our heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with the young child and family," Dodge County Sheriff Patricia Ninmann said in the release.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls