LOMIRA, Wis. - A 3-year-old boy suffered severe injuries after being run over by a lawn mower Tuesday afternoon, according to a release from the Dodge County Sheriff's Department.
Dodge County sheriff's deputies responded to reports of a lawn mower accident involving a 3-year-old around 2 p.m. in the town of Lomira, officials said.
An initial investigation indicated the child ran toward the riding lawn mower, the operator didn't notice the child, and as the operator started backing up the child was hit, according to the release.
The 3-year-old was transported to the hospital via Flight for Life, deputies said. His condition is unknown.
"The accident is not suspicious in nature, and our heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with the young child and family," Dodge County Sheriff Patricia Ninmann said in the release.
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000