MADISON, Wis. - Three state parks are planning candlelight skis and hikes this weekend.
Blue Mound State Park is scheduled to hold a ski-hike-snowshoe outing on Saturday evening. The park will offer hot drinks, hot food, a bonfire and free marshmallows for roasting.
Harrington Beach State Park in Belgium also plans a ski-hike outing that same night. Trails will be lit by hundreds of tiki torches.
Mirror Lake State Park in Lake Delton will offer a ski-hike-snowshoe event that night, too. The agenda includes bonfires.
A number of state parks will offer similar events through late February. More information is available on the state Department of Natural Resources' website.
- Congress considering removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Officials urge vaccinating horses against mosquito-spread diseases
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say