DUNN, Wis. - Two people were injured when three vehicles crashed Saturday afternoon in the town of Dunn.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office said Jessica Copus, 28 of Stoughton, was driving south on Highway 51 when she struck the back of a Volkswagen Beetle. That Beetle was stopped on Highway 51, attempting to turn onto Exchange Street.
Copus' car went into oncoming traffic, hitting a SUV, according to Dane County deputies.
Copus suffered serious, but non-life-threatening injuries. She was taken to UW Hospital by Med-Flight. The driver of the Beetle sustained minor injuries and the SUV driver was not hurt.
Deputies cited Copus for inattentive driving.
The stretch of Highway 51 was closed for about 90 minutes while the crash was being investigated.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need