DUNN, Wis. - Two people were injured when three vehicles crashed Saturday afternoon in the town of Dunn.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office said Jessica Copus, 28 of Stoughton, was driving south on Highway 51 when she struck the back of a Volkswagen Beetle. That Beetle was stopped on Highway 51, attempting to turn onto Exchange Street.
Copus' car went into oncoming traffic, hitting a SUV, according to Dane County deputies.
Copus suffered serious, but non-life-threatening injuries. She was taken to UW Hospital by Med-Flight. The driver of the Beetle sustained minor injuries and the SUV driver was not hurt.
Deputies cited Copus for inattentive driving.
The stretch of Highway 51 was closed for about 90 minutes while the crash was being investigated.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns