DUNN, Wis. - Two people were injured when three vehicles crashed Saturday afternoon in the town of Dunn.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office said Jessica Copus, 28 of Stoughton, was driving south on Highway 51 when she struck the back of a Volkswagen Beetle. That Beetle was stopped on Highway 51, attempting to turn onto Exchange Street.
Copus' car went into oncoming traffic, hitting a SUV, according to Dane County deputies.
Copus suffered serious, but non-life-threatening injuries. She was taken to UW Hospital by Med-Flight. The driver of the Beetle sustained minor injuries and the SUV driver was not hurt.
Deputies cited Copus for inattentive driving.
The stretch of Highway 51 was closed for about 90 minutes while the crash was being investigated.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say