TOWN OF NEW GLARUS, Wis. - Three teens were injured in a golf cart crash in the town of New Glarus, according to a release from the Green County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said the crash occurred in the W5400 block of Windmill Ridge Road Thursday afternoon when a 13-year-old girl was driving a golf cart downhill at a high rate of speed. The cart began to swerve and the driver corrected, causing it to go airborne and land on its side, according to the report. The cart slid about 100 feet on its side, overturned and went airborne again before landing on its roof.
The driver was flown to a hospital and her two passengers, a 14-year-old boy and 14-year-old girl, were taken to the New Glarus branch of Monroe Clinic.
New Glarus Police, New Glarus EMS and New Glarus Fire assisted in the case.
- Madison family displaced after overnight fire
- Joint Finance Committee to consider UW tuition cut, performance funding
- One person dead after bizarre incident on I-94
- Madison officer who shot at Metro Market killer awarded
- Edgerton man calls for action over medical billing problem
- Coalition calls on city to immediately fund 15-point violence prevention plan