TOWN OF MONROE, Wis. - Three Monroe men were taken to a hospital after a vehicle crashed into the end of a guardrail early Sunday morning, according to the Green County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to the N3900 block of State Highway 69 in the town of Monroe at 2:12 a.m. for a report of a crash.
Investigators said the driver, Eric J. Davis, 39, was southbound on Highway 69 when he fell asleep. The vehicle drifted onto the west shoulder and crashed into a guardrail end. Deputies said the vehicle rolled onto its top in the ditch, then onto its passenger side before sliding down an embankment.
Davis and his passengers, Dennis E. Beutel, 43, and Dustin Ethridge, 30, were taken to Monroe Clinic Hospital Emergency Room for treatment of their injuries.
Davis was cited on suspicion of inattentive driving. Ethridge was cited on suspicion of failure to wear a seat belt.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart