TOWN OF MONROE, Wis. - Three Monroe men were taken to a hospital after a vehicle crashed into the end of a guardrail early Sunday morning, according to the Green County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to the N3900 block of State Highway 69 in the town of Monroe at 2:12 a.m. for a report of a crash.
Investigators said the driver, Eric J. Davis, 39, was southbound on Highway 69 when he fell asleep. The vehicle drifted onto the west shoulder and crashed into a guardrail end. Deputies said the vehicle rolled onto its top in the ditch, then onto its passenger side before sliding down an embankment.
Davis and his passengers, Dennis E. Beutel, 43, and Dustin Ethridge, 30, were taken to Monroe Clinic Hospital Emergency Room for treatment of their injuries.
Davis was cited on suspicion of inattentive driving. Ethridge was cited on suspicion of failure to wear a seat belt.
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say