TOMAH, Wis. - Tomah police arrested three people in connection to a gun theft case on Christmas Eve.
The Monroe County Combined Tactical Unit helped Tomah police execute a search warrant at 11:30 a.m. at an apartment at 206 ½ E. Milwaukee Street on Tuesday.
Police called the tactical unit because during the investigation they learned that the suspects may have been armed. Authorities found stolen items inside the apartment, including several guns and ammunition.
Two people exited the apartment and were detained by police. Within the next two hours, three additional people exited the apartment and were detained by the Monroe County Tactical Unit. Al five people were questioned.
Tomah police arrested three people from Tomah. Michael McLamb, 21, was arrested several charges, including theft of firearm-felony, felon in possession of firearm, bail jumping, and probation hold. Justin McGinnis, 19, was arrested on theft of firearm-felony, possession of synthetic cannabinoid, probation hold. Eli Brush, 23, was arrested in obstructing an officer, bail jumping (referral to district attorney).
Tomah police were also assisted by the Monroe County Sheriff's Office, Wisconsin State Patrol, Monroe County Sheriff's Reserves and the Tomah Area Ambulance Service.
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK