MADISON, Wis. - Three men carrying knives robbed two teens on an east side sidewalk early Tuesday morning, according to a report from Madison police.
Police said two 18-year-olds were walking west on a sidewalk in the 1100 block of Spaight Street after midnight when three men walking the other direction on the opposite side of the street crossed the road. The men showed their knives and demanded money and phones from the teens.
The robbers searched the victims and ordered them to walk away and not turn around.
Officers searched the area and were unable to find the men.
One of the robbers is described as white, in his mid-20s, 5 feet 10 inches tall, skinny with scruffy blond hair. He was wearing a T-shirt and baggy jeans. Another robber is described as black, 6 feet 2 inches tall with a medium build. He was wearing dark clothing and a beanie.Madison crime map
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says