MADISON, Wis. - Three men carrying knives robbed two teens on an east side sidewalk early Tuesday morning, according to a report from Madison police.
Police said two 18-year-olds were walking west on a sidewalk in the 1100 block of Spaight Street after midnight when three men walking the other direction on the opposite side of the street crossed the road. The men showed their knives and demanded money and phones from the teens.
The robbers searched the victims and ordered them to walk away and not turn around.
Officers searched the area and were unable to find the men.
One of the robbers is described as white, in his mid-20s, 5 feet 10 inches tall, skinny with scruffy blond hair. He was wearing a T-shirt and baggy jeans. Another robber is described as black, 6 feet 2 inches tall with a medium build. He was wearing dark clothing and a beanie.Madison crime map
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs