WAUSAU, Wis. - Authorities say three people were killed and two others were injured in a two-vehicle crash near Wausau.
Marathon County sheriff's officials said a vehicle with four occupants slid across the centerline in the town of Maine about 8:30 a.m. Thursday and struck a second vehicle broadside. Three people in the first vehicle were killed. A fourth passenger and the driver of the second vehicle were taken to Aspirus Wausau hospital.
Sheriff's Lt. Steve Krueger told the Wausau Daily Herald the State Patrol is working on reconstructing the accident.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say