TOWN OF DUNN, Wis. - Authorities released the names of the three people killed in an early-morning crash near Stoughton.
On Friday evening, the Dane County Medical Examiner's Office identified the victims as 44-year-old Darin Carley of Stoughton, 39-year-old Rebecca Carstens of Sun Prairie, and 44-year-old Steven Leslie of Beaver Dam.
The Dane County medical examiner's office says preliminary autopsy results indicate alcohol may have contributed to the crash.
Investigators said the car was southbound on Highway 51, veered into the right ditch, over corrected and crossed into the opposite ditch, went down an embankment and struck two trees in the Town of Dunn about 2:30 a.m. Friday.
Carley and Leslie were ejected, and Carstens was pinned in the back seat, according to sheriff's deputies.
All three were pronounced dead at the scene. They were the only people in the 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass.
None of the victims wore seat belts. The crash remains under investigation.3 killed in 1-vehicle crash in Dane County
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls