TOWN OF DUNN, Wis. - Authorities released the names of the three people killed in an early-morning crash near Stoughton.
On Friday evening, the Dane County Medical Examiner's Office identified the victims as 44-year-old Darin Carley of Stoughton, 39-year-old Rebecca Carstens of Sun Prairie, and 44-year-old Steven Leslie of Beaver Dam.
The Dane County medical examiner's office says preliminary autopsy results indicate alcohol may have contributed to the crash.
Investigators said the car was southbound on Highway 51, veered into the right ditch, over corrected and crossed into the opposite ditch, went down an embankment and struck two trees in the Town of Dunn about 2:30 a.m. Friday.
Carley and Leslie were ejected, and Carstens was pinned in the back seat, according to sheriff's deputies.
All three were pronounced dead at the scene. They were the only people in the 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass.
None of the victims wore seat belts. The crash remains under investigation.3 killed in 1-vehicle crash in Dane County
- Wisconsin River flooding causes road closure
- Dickeyville police looking for assault suspect
- Man suffers leg injuries after being hit by snowplow
- Hundreds pack tribute to 'Funky Drummer' Clyde Stubblefield
- Wisconsin troopers not wearing name tags in North Dakota
- Lawmakers push for hemp comeback in Wisconsin