RICHLAND CENTER, Wis. - Two adults and a teen were injured in a fiery crash in Richland Center Friday evening, officials said.
The Richland County Sheriff's Department said deputies responded to a report of a three-vehicle crash on Highway 14 west of County Road B at 6:45 p.m.
According to the report, 60-year-old Gerald Moore, of Richland Center, was stopped on Highway 14 waiting to turn into the Route 14 Bar and Grill. Kristie McVay, of Dodgeville, was slowing to a stop behind Moore when a vehicle driven by 61-year-old Alma Green, of Lake Forest Park, Wash., failed to slow and crashed into McVay's truck, pushing into Moore's vehicle.
The collision caused McVay's truck to catch fire, but McVay and her 13-year-old daughter were able to escape the truck before it became engulfed in flames, the sheriff's department said.
Green was injured and taken to Richland Hospital by ambulance, according to the report. McVay and the 13-year-old suffered injuries and were also taken to Richland Hospital via ambulance. McVay was later taken by Med Flight to a Madison hospital.
Moore and his three passengers were not injured, the report said.
The sheriff's department said Highway 14 from County Road B to Highway 58 was shut down for more than an hour due to the crash and investigation.
Green was cited for inattentive driving, the report said.
- Thanks, Fido! Barking dog alerts owners to burglar, police say
- Appeals court hearing arguments in Wisconsin voting cases
- Officials ID teen driver suspected of drug use in fatal wreck
- Court: Milwaukee Co. Sheriff exempt from releasing immigration records
- Uniforms coming to Milwaukee schools
- Messy weather closes schools in southern Wisconsin