LA CROSSE, Wis. - Three people were injured Friday night after a La Crosse police cruiser was rear-ended.
The crash happened about 10 p.m. on Lang Drive, between Monitor and La Crosse streets.
Police said an officer and reserve officer were in a squad car stopped on the side of Lang Drive when they were rear-ended. The police car was parked behind another vehicle that had run out of gas.
Police said the officer, reserve officer and the driver of the vehicle that rear-ended them were taken to the hospital. Tri-State Ambulance told News 8 the injuries were non-life-threatening.
Lang Drive was closed for several hours as police investigated the scene.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says