LA CROSSE, Wis. - Three people were injured Friday night after a La Crosse police cruiser was rear-ended.
The crash happened about 10 p.m. on Lang Drive, between Monitor and La Crosse streets.
Police said an officer and reserve officer were in a squad car stopped on the side of Lang Drive when they were rear-ended. The police car was parked behind another vehicle that had run out of gas.
Police said the officer, reserve officer and the driver of the vehicle that rear-ended them were taken to the hospital. Tri-State Ambulance told News 8 the injuries were non-life-threatening.
Lang Drive was closed for several hours as police investigated the scene.
- Groups call for tax changes to free up $900M
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer