GREEN BAY, Wis. - Wisconsin's gun deer season opening weekend ended with at least three hunting-related fatalities.
Authorities said Shawn Lemanski, 41, of Grafton, died from injuries suffered when he fell from a tree stand in the Marathon County town of Cassel.
Steven Jackson, 51, of Antigo, died after he was found unresponsive in the woods near Gleason in Lincoln County.
WIZM radio reported a 22-year-old Milwaukee man died while hunting on the grounds of Fort McCoy. Authorities said Thomas Stamborski suffered a gunshot wound on land approved for hunting.
All deaths occurred Saturday.
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees