GREEN BAY, Wis. - Wisconsin's gun deer season opening weekend ended with at least three hunting-related fatalities.
Authorities said Shawn Lemanski, 41, of Grafton, died from injuries suffered when he fell from a tree stand in the Marathon County town of Cassel.
Steven Jackson, 51, of Antigo, died after he was found unresponsive in the woods near Gleason in Lincoln County.
WIZM radio reported a 22-year-old Milwaukee man died while hunting on the grounds of Fort McCoy. Authorities said Thomas Stamborski suffered a gunshot wound on land approved for hunting.
All deaths occurred Saturday.
- Extra patrols added for spring party
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom
- Madison police find bullet in apartment on Russett Road
- Madison police investigate shots fired, crash
- Madison police investigating armed robbery at Oakcrest Tavern