CHETEK, Wis. - Authorities in northwestern Wisconsin said a driver collided with three horses that were on the roadway last week.
The driver was hospitalized with severe injuries.
One horse was killed on impact, and the other two were euthanized because of the extent of their injuries.
The Barron County Sheriff's Department said the collision occurred late last week in the Town of Chetek. The driver was identified as a 22-year-old Holcombe man.
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Eau Claire TV station owner sues over duo's on-air prank
- Alcohol use among senior citizens on the rise
- Door County trees chomped by invasive bugs
- Women accused of attacking 17-year-old girl at Memorial High School
- Toxic gas released in Kenosha County truck crash