CHETEK, Wis. - Authorities in northwestern Wisconsin said a driver collided with three horses that were on the roadway last week.
The driver was hospitalized with severe injuries.
One horse was killed on impact, and the other two were euthanized because of the extent of their injuries.
The Barron County Sheriff's Department said the collision occurred late last week in the Town of Chetek. The driver was identified as a 22-year-old Holcombe man.
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- Mars investigating Skittles said to be intended for cattle
- Man sentenced in heroin overdose death
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick