TOWN OF SIGEL, Wis. - The Wood County coroner said three family members have died in a house fire in the Town of Sigel.
Coroner Garry Kronstedt said an elderly couple and their adult son were killed in the early morning fire Wednesday. The Wood County Sheriff's Office said the victims were a 79-year-old man, a 72-year-old woman and a 38-year-old man.
Area fire departments were called to the house that was engulfed in flames about 2:30 a.m.
Firefighters from Vesper, Pittsville, Arpin, Rudolph, Grand Rapids, Nekoosa and Port Edwards responded to the house fire.
The Sheriff's Office said the cause of the fire remains under investigation. Names of the victims won't be released until relatives are notified.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say