TOWN OF SIGEL, Wis. - The Wood County coroner said three family members have died in a house fire in the Town of Sigel.
Coroner Garry Kronstedt said an elderly couple and their adult son were killed in the early morning fire Wednesday. The Wood County Sheriff's Office said the victims were a 79-year-old man, a 72-year-old woman and a 38-year-old man.
Area fire departments were called to the house that was engulfed in flames about 2:30 a.m.
Firefighters from Vesper, Pittsville, Arpin, Rudolph, Grand Rapids, Nekoosa and Port Edwards responded to the house fire.
The Sheriff's Office said the cause of the fire remains under investigation. Names of the victims won't be released until relatives are notified.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry