TOWN OF SIGEL, Wis. - The Wood County coroner said three family members have died in a house fire in the Town of Sigel.
Coroner Garry Kronstedt said an elderly couple and their adult son were killed in the early morning fire Wednesday. The Wood County Sheriff's Office said the victims were a 79-year-old man, a 72-year-old woman and a 38-year-old man.
Area fire departments were called to the house that was engulfed in flames about 2:30 a.m.
Firefighters from Vesper, Pittsville, Arpin, Rudolph, Grand Rapids, Nekoosa and Port Edwards responded to the house fire.
The Sheriff's Office said the cause of the fire remains under investigation. Names of the victims won't be released until relatives are notified.
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm