TOWN OF SIGEL, Wis. - The Wood County coroner said three family members have died in a house fire in the Town of Sigel.
Coroner Garry Kronstedt said an elderly couple and their adult son were killed in the early morning fire Wednesday. The Wood County Sheriff's Office said the victims were a 79-year-old man, a 72-year-old woman and a 38-year-old man.
Area fire departments were called to the house that was engulfed in flames about 2:30 a.m.
Firefighters from Vesper, Pittsville, Arpin, Rudolph, Grand Rapids, Nekoosa and Port Edwards responded to the house fire.
The Sheriff's Office said the cause of the fire remains under investigation. Names of the victims won't be released until relatives are notified.
- Dane County plans to buy land to make Capital City State Trail safer
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Hilldale Mall launches redevelopment of south side
- State unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Expect traffic delays in downtown Madison for Women's March Saturday
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash