MADISON, Wis. - Three men were detained and two guns were recovered when police responded to a report of an armed home invasion, according to a release from Madison police.
Officers were called to the apartment building in the 1700 block of Onsgard Road at 5:48 a.m. when someone reported seeing several men entering the building, one of them armed with a long gun.
Police arrived as the four men were leaving the apartment. Three 18-year-olds were caught.
Police said they recovered some stolen property, and they believe the apartment was targeted.
An incident at the same apartment building earlier this week involved men fleeing the building and an uncooperative victim.
- Local woman shares warning after credit card theft
- Bond reduced in UW-Stout student death case
- Madison police make arrest in downtown robbery
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving