MADISON, Wis. - Former Trek executive Mary Burke continues to explore a race for governor, and another possible Democratic candidate plans to announce his intentions this week.
Burke is seen by many as the most viable candidate to challenge Republican Gov. Scott Walker in 2014 as she could tap her own personal wealth to help fuel a run. Democratic state Sen. Kathleen Vinehout also is considering getting in the race but says she won't decide until next year.
The third Democrat who has publicly said he is seriously considering a challenge is Winnebago County Executive Mark Harris. He says he will make up his mind by Labor Day.
Burke continues to travel the state and meet with Democrats. She says in an email that she has no timeline for making her decision.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land